Google announce on its first developer preview of Android O, the O stands for, Oreo or it could be Ostrich, it’s designed for programmers to prepare their apps for the new OS, and these settings and features may change by the time the final version rolls out to the public some of the new features we can expect when it’s released later this year. Google also tells us that this is just a few of the things we can expect with the next version of Android.
- Background limits
- Notification channels
- Autofill APIs
- Picture in picture for handsets
- Font resources in XML
- Adaptive icons
- Wide-gamut color for apps
- High-quality Bluetooth audio connectivity
- NAN (Neighborhood Aware Networking) connectivity
- Telecom framework connectivity
- Keyboard navigation
- WebView enhancements
- Java 8 APIs and runtime optimizations
The developer preview is available for download here and ROMs are available for the Nexus 5X, 6P and Player as well as the Pixel, Pixel C and XL.